My name is Jeff Prater. I'm a husband, father, and dachshund owner. I'm passionate about technology and encourage those afraid of it to embrace it because it's not going away.
I have over eight years experience working with office technology, audio/video technology, and workplace automation. From 2005-2011, I worked for the Houston County District Attorney's Office as the Director of Information Technology. While serving the citizens of Houston County, I planned, designed, and developed Georgia's first paperless prosecutor's office. This system allowed both prosecutors and defense attorneys to better access and manage their case loads. This same system also provided open access to the case load to citizens of Houston County and the world. Part of my accomplishments included modernizing the communications platform with the deployment of Google Apps for Government, developing the LawDog case management system, integrating Laserfiche with LawDog to create Georgia's first paperless prosecutor's office, editing and redacting audio and video evidence to be presented before the court, and implementing new technologies to create a more efficient work environment.
In my spare time, I enjoy writing technical articles/tutorials/how-to guides and publishing them on the Internet. The internet community has provided me with so much information, I think it is only fair I give back and share my knowledge and experiences in working with and adapting to technology. Below you can find a list of the articles I have written.
- Introduction to Encryption
- Encrypting Flash Drives with TrueCrypt
- Encrypting Partitions with TrueCrypt
- Creating a Standard Encrypted Partition with TrueCrypt
- Creating a Hidden Encrypted Partition with TrueCrypt
- Encrypting Hard Drives with TrueCrypt
- Encrypting a Hidden Volume with TrueCrypt
- Mounting and Dismounting Hard Drives with TrueCrypt
- Techniques for Encrypting Windows with TrueCrypt
- Encrypt a Single-Boot Windows System with TrueCrypt
- Encrypt and Decrypt a Windows System with TrueCrypt
- Creating a Hidden Windows System with TrueCrypt
- Creating a Decoy System with TrueCrypt
- Setting up Google Apps for your Domain
- Administering Google Apps for your Domain
- Integrating MailChimp with Joomla
- Integrating MailChimp with Joomla: Building a Subscriber List
- Integrating MailChimp with Joomla: List Management
- Integrating MailChimp with Joomla: Creating Campaigns